Privacy Notice on TASCAM ID
The personal information you provide to us when you register your TASCAM ID will be handled as follows.
1.Range of personal information to be acquired
Upon registering your TASCAM ID, TEAC will collect the following personal information about you:
(1) Items to be acquired: name, country of residence, email address, password, customer's browser or device information, access history to website
(2) Items that may be acquired at the request of the customer: Gender
(3) Customer correspondence / communication history, product / service purchase history, download history
In addition, personal information cannot be registered on behalf of the person other than the person himself / herself.
2.Purpose of use of personal information
Your personal information provided may be used for the following purposes
(1) To provide registered products and related products, after-sales support and other services. (Including provision of software version upgrade information and paid / free membership services. Hereinafter referred to as "registered products, etc.)
(2) To provide information on events and campaigns related to registered products, etc.
(3) To ask you to survey our products and services, including registered products.
(4) Regarding our products and services, including registered products, in order to use the opinions of our customers as a reference for planning, development, and sales strategies for products and services, or for improving products and services.
(5) To create statistical data classified by customer's attributes
(6) Customer login function using TASCAM ID, limited tracking using technology such as cookies when accessing our website, purchase / usage status of customer's registered products, etc., to the website By using the access history, etc., you can authenticate your personality, register as a member, check and understand your usage status, analyze your access history to websites related to our products and services, and analyze our products and services. To improve the quality of services, websites, etc., such as customer convenience.
(7) To prevent illegal acts such as illegal acts and infringement of rights, or to take necessary measures to carry out investigations for the purpose of retaining the rights of customers, our company or third parties.
(8) For audits required by laws, contracts, and accounting rules, and other legal confirmation work
If we use it for purposes other than the above, we will inform you of the purpose of use individually.
3.Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
We will not disclose or provide personal information obtained from you to any third party except for cases falling under any of the following items.
(1) When we obtain your prior approval or consent;
(2) When required by laws or regulations;
(3) When personal information is disclosed to our subcontractors, where it is necessary for us to provide you with the services and the like within the scope of the Purposes of Use;
(4) When we provide and share personal information with our group companies to the extent necessary to achieve the Purposes of Use clearly specified to you;
(5) When it is necessary to protect the rights or property of the Company, you or other third parties, and it is difficult to obtain your consent;
(6) When it is necessary for advanced public health or children's healthy development, and it is difficult to obtain your consent;
(7) When it is necessary to cooperate with statutory work required by laws and regulations performed by any national or local government office, or their subcontractors, and it is difficult to obtain your consent; or
(8) When business or rights and obligations are to be succeeded between the Company and other companies due to merger or company split or others.
4.Security Measures for Personal Information
- Engaged persons who handle personal information
Define the required access rights and the respective scope for the purpose only persons who need to access may access the personal information;
Establish the reporting system for the case any engaged persons finds the fact or symptoms in breach of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or any internal rules on handling personal information; and
Regularly train our engaged persons on precautions when handling personal information.
- System Environment
Set the restricted area so that we can allow and control the entry of the permitted persons and devices;
Set and manage the access control for the engaged persons to limit the scope of person and database of personal information, and establish the environment where any person without the access right may not handle the personal information; and
Develop and maintain the information security policy as a security standard that engaged persons shall comply and protect and prevent the devices from theft and unauthorized access, which will be reviewed and refined from time to time.
-Transfer of personal information overseas
Your personal information about your TASCAM ID is stored on the following servers overseas:
・Server location: United States
・Server service name: Amazon Web Services cloud server, database and website system including mail delivery (referred to as "AWS service")
・Service provider and country of location: Amazon Web Services, Inc. (including affiliated companies, called "AWS")
P.O. Box 81226
Seattle, WA 98108-1226
・Contractual protection measures for personal information with contractors: AWS provides AWS services based on the personal information processing agreement that stipulates that appropriate technical, organizational, and contractual protection measures will be taken.
・The conditions of the AWS service processing agreement meet the contractual requirements to be imposed on the contractor under the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Economic Area, which is recognized to be at the same level as Japan, and the sufficiency certification is granted. It is evaluated to meet the requirements for complementary measures to be taken in the case of a data access request by a public agency state that may need to be considered when moving to a country that has not received it.
5. Inquiries about personal information
If you wish to confirm your personal information (including correction / destruction), or if you have any questions about the contents of this page, please contact us using the inquiry form below.
◆ Contact point ◆ (TEAC CORPORATION TASCAM ID contact point)
*If you wish to confirm your personal information, you need to show the registered information and documents to prove your identity in order to confirm that the application is from you. The required information, documents, and submission method will differ depending on the content of your request, so please let us know your request from the "Inquiry form". We will guide you through the procedure.
6. Governing law and court of jurisdiction
Use of this website and the Terms and Conditions will be construed and applied in accordance with the laws of Japan unless otherwise specified. All disputes arising out of use of this website will be exclusively brought in the Tokyo District Court of Japan or Machida Summary Court as the court of first instance.
TASCAM ID site uses the minimum amount of cookies necessary for you to use this site, for the system to recognize your browser or device, and for you to use it.
・About the business of providing personal information to a third party
We do not provide business to provide customer's personal information to third parties.
Established: August 25, 2021
Revised: April 1, 2022
TEAC Corporation and our group companies (hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Company" or "we") has set the policy concerning the handling of personally identifiable information such as name, email address, telephone number, and mailing address (hereinafter referred to as "Personal Information") in line with the enforcement of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
See here to learn more on "Handling of Personal Information" on our website.
1.Security Management of Personal Information
We ensure that all employees who handle personal information are aware of the policy concerning the handling of personal information through necessary education and training. We will strive to keep personal information accurate and up-to-date and take secure and appropriate measures against unauthorized access, loss, leakage, destruction, damage, falsification, etc.
2.Collection, Use, and Provision of Personal Information
Our company will acquire personal information by appropriate and fair methods and only use that information within the scope of purposes that are clearly stated in advance. We will not disclose personal information to any third party without obtaining prior consent from the person in question unless required by laws and regulations or for cooperation with a public institution.
3.Disclosure, Correction, Suspension of Use of Personal Information, and Response to Complaints
If the person in question requests us to disclose, correct, or suspend use of the personal information of that person held by us or makes complaints about the handling of the information, we will properly respond to such requests. We may decline the requests for disclosure and others in cases which may cause considerable interference with the Company's activities; cases which may endanger the life, body, properties, or interests and others of the person in question or a third party; or other cases in accordance with laws and/or regulations such as Act on the Personal Information Protection.
4.Outsourcing the Handling of Personal Information to Outside Parties
When we outsource the handling of personal information to outside parties, we will require the subcontractor not to divulge or use such information for the purposes other than the scope of the outsourcing, and will implement strict control, guidance and supervision.
We will comply with applicable laws and regulations for personal information and review our efforts specified in the above items for improvement to ensure that your personal information is protected.
Chief Privacy Officer
Yoshihide Nomura, Director
Established: April 1, 2005
Last updated: April 1, 2022